Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Technique Tuesday - Gradation Technique....

Do you ever have trouble blending colors or trying to make your images appear more realistic with their color?  If so - like I do - here's a great technique for you.  This technique works on solid image stamps.
 Here's what you need for this technique:
  • Solid image stamp - I used the flower in the bottom right of Stampin' Up!'s Field Flowers stamp set.
  • Two coordinating colors of markers - I used Blushing Bride and Poppy Parade.
  • Sponge Dauber
  • Cardstock
 First, color your entire image with the lighter of the two colors.
 Then color the areas that you want to be darker.
 I colored around the entire outside edge of the stamp as you can see in this picture.
 Take the sponge dauber and gently press along the area where the two colors meet.  Since my stamp was fairly small, I used the edge of the dauber as opposed to the center of the sponge.
 Huff on the ink and stamp your image.  Doesn't that look pretty?
 I then stamped the stem and finished it by doing the same technique on the small flower.
Here's the card that I made with the technique.  I think it is a great way of transitioning between two colors in your stamping.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment